Acknowledging Environmental Impact
Pandaprint acknowledges the impact our industry has on the environment. We take our responsibility extremely seriously and are committed to maintaining and improving our environmental policy and performance.
All paper waste is caged and uplifted periodically by a specialist waste recycling company, Shred-itAll waste chemicals and ink cans from our production processes are uplifted periodically by WasteCare, a specialist waste recycling company.We hold certificates of membership for all of the above and adhere to all regulations.
FSC® & PEFC
In October 2008 Pandaprint were successful in gaining membership of the certified FSC and PEFC chain of custody schemes. (CU-COC-810682 & CU-PEFC-810682).Chain of custody certification provides independent evidence that forest products originate from well-managed forests. By obtaining coc certification Pandaprint can demonstrate its commitment to economically, environmentally and socially responsible forestry. So, by buying products with an FSC and PEFC label, you are supporting the growth of responsible forest management worldwide. The vast majority of our paper stocks originate from FSC and PEFC forests. To find our more please visit the FSC and PEFC websites.
Pandaprint procures manufactured materials for Commercial Customers, Public Funded Bodies and Charities.Pandaprint recognises that concern for the environment should be an integral and fundamental part of our business operations. As a result we will seek to address all of our environmental issues and promote the continual improvement of our environmental performance.Pandaprint will:
- Promote a sense of responsibility for the environment and ensure that this policy is communicated and implemented at all levels within the workforce.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the prevention of pollution.
- Comply with all relevant local, national and international legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise material and energy usage wherever feasible.
- Minimise waste and ensure the safe disposal or destruction of waste where reuse or recycling is not viable.
- Support the local economy through purchasing goods locally where possible.
- Encourage active and responsible participation in the achievement of this Policy.
- Regular monitoring of energy consumed and wastes arising will ensure that progress made towards achieving an improvement in environmental performance will be maintained.
- Appropriate resources will continually be made available to ensure the policy is implemented in full.
Download a copy of our environmental policy as a PDF.